Everton welcome Manchester United to Goodison Park in a rare Sunday Night Football encounter.
Victory could see Everton leapfrog Utd into seventh if Fulham and Liverpool both lose elsewhere in earlier Super Sunday kick-offs.
Man Utd meanwhile can go fifth with a win.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin could return for Everton after recovering from a groin injury in recent weeks.
Nathan Patterson (ankle), Ben Godfrey (fibula), Yerry Mina (ankle), Mason Holgate and Andros Townsend (both knee) remain absent.
Man Utd could welcome Raphael Varane back into contention after he missed their comeback win at Omonia in Europa League, due to an ankle injury.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (knock) is a doubt but Donny van de Beek (muscle), Harry Maguire (thigh), Brandon Williams (unspecified) and Mason Greenwood (personal) remain absent.
- Everton have lost just one of their last seven league meetings against Man Utd (W2, D4, L1).
- Man Utd are unbeaten in three of their last five league visits to Goodison Park (W2, D1 L2).
- Everton have scored first in each of their last four league clashes against Utd at home (W2, D1, L1).
- Everton are looking to go seven matches unbeaten in the Premier League for the first time since November – December 2017.
- Antony is looking to become the first Utd player to score in three consecutive league matches since Cristiano Ronaldo scored in three matches between April-May 2022.
Now unbeaten in seven matches in all competitions, Everton can come into this match full of belief because they’re slowly but steadily improving, which was evident in their response to conceding the first goal at Southampton last weekend to recover to snatch a quick-fire win.
Man Utd meanwhile is like two different teams rolled into one with a defence which is riddled with various errors in basic defensive ability typical of other Premier League clubs, whilst attack can often be frustrating to watch when wasting chances but enjoyable when at their best in true Utd style.
Goals therefore feel like a certainty given the defensive deficiencies within both teams but if Utd can play like they did in the second half against Omononia but more consistently, I certainly can’t see them losing this no matter what Everton throw at them.
Inconsistency though seems to be a favourite trait of Utd which is something that Everton must look to force by pressing them into defensive errors, plus clinically finish any chances which fall their way but this should be a decent game if both teams bring their best quality.
Prediction: Everton 1-2 Manchester United
Result: Everton 1-2 Manchester United