Anderlecht welcome West Ham to Lotto Park in Group B of 2022-23 UEFA Europa Conference League.
Victory would see Anderlecht climb to the summit of Group B, whereas West Ham can stay top with a win.
Anderlecht have no fresh injury concerns to report as Adrien Trebel (shoulder) and Marco Kana (unspecified) are still absent.
West Ham could welcome Ben Johnson back from a hamstring injury.
Jarrod Bowen (finger) and Maxwel Cornet (calf) are doubts but Nayef Aguerd (ankle) remains ruled out.
- Anderlecht won their only previous meeting against West Ham, prevailing 4-2 in 1975-76 UEFA European Cup Winners’ Cup Final at Heysel Stadium.
- West Ham are playing Anderlecht away at Lotto Park for the very first time.
- Anderlecht have won just one of their last six home matches against English opposition in all UEFA competitions (W1, D2, L3).
- West Ham are unbeaten in two previous away matches against Belgian opposition in all competitions (W1, D1), excluding 1975-76 UEFA European Cup Winners’ Cup Final at a neutral venue.
- David Moyes’ Hammers have conceded first in each of their two Group B matches so far this season (W2).
Still unbeaten in the group despite finding themselves involved in two closely-fought battles, Anderlecht certainly can’t be underestimated given their evident defensive solidness and boast on-loan Wolves striker – Fabio Silva who has adapted well at Anderlecht to become a key threat in attack.
West Ham meanwhile were simply clinical in their win over Wolves on Saturday with quick-paced attacks so I do expect more of the same here, although they’re going to have to step up their game and be more tactical to break Anderlecht’s defence down.
Goals therefore doesn’t feel likely but if West Ham can show patience and take their chances, then I can see them having the edge given Anderlecht’s poor home form against English clubs in UEFA competitions.
Prediction: Anderlecht 0-1 West Ham
Result; Anderlecht 0-1 West Ham