RB Leipzig welcome Celtic to Red Bull Arena in a must-win Group F clash in 2022-23 UEFA Champions League.
Victory could see Celtic climb to second in the group if Shakhtar Donetsk lose to Real Madrid, whereas RB Leipzig can go third with a win.
RB Leipzig have no fresh injury concerns to report as Lukas Klostermann, Konrad Laimer (both ankle) and Dani Olmo (knee) remains absent.
Celtic could have Diazen Maeda available following his recovery from a leg injury.
Giorgos Giakoumakis (leg) and Liel Abada (personal) are doubts but Cameron Carter-Vickers (knock) and Carl Starfelt (knee) are ruled out.
- RB Leipzig have won one of their two previous meetings against Celtic (W1, L1), which both came in the Group Stage of 2018-19 UEFA Europa League.
- Celtic lost their only previous visit to RB Leipzig by 2-0 result in October 2018, yet advanced to the knockout stage ahead of the Bundesliga club as the Group runner-up.
- RB Leipzig are yet to concede at home against Scottish opposition in all UEFA competitions (W2), having scored three goals in two clean sheets.
- RB Leipzig are unbeaten in five of their last six matches across all UEFA competitions (W2, D3, L1).
- Celtic have won just one of their last five away matches in all UEFA competitions (W1, D1, L5).
Following two difficult opening performances in Group F, this is now a must-win for RB Leipzig who really need to show more quality up front, whilst also demonstrating solid defending which actually served them well for 79 minutes against Real Madrid until their late collapse to concede twice.
Celtic meanwhile have just lacked the clinical finishing and consistency across 90 minutes in their opening two matches, so I would like to see a more polished performance and stronger defending especially if they’re to end their five-year away rut in Europe without victory.
Quite simply, I feel like the first goal will be absolutely vital to the outcome of this match and it could well be a positive result for Celtic, if they can sort out their small issues and deliver across the entire match.
Prediction: RB Leipzig 1-2 Celtic
Result: RB Leipzig 3-1 Celtic