Manchester City welcome Manchester United to the Etihad Stadium in a huge Manchester derby.
Victory would see City move back to within one point of league leaders – Arsenal, whilst Man Utd can go fourth with a win.
John Stones is ruled out for Man City after he suffered a hamstring injury whilst on international duty for England.
Aymeric Laporte could make his first appearance after recovering from a lengthy knee injury but Kalvin Phillips (shoulder) is still sidelined.
Man Utd could welcome Martin Dubravka and Marcus Rashford back from muscle injuries.
Donny van de Beek (knock) and Anthony Martial (Achilles) could also feature if match-fit but Harry Maguire (thigh) is ruled out and joins Brandon Williams (unspecified) plus Mason Greenwood (personal) on sidelines.
- Man City have won two of their last six Premier League clashes against Man Utd (W2, D1, L3).
- Man Utd have won three of their last five visits to City’s Etihad Stadium (W3, L2).
- City have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six home matches against Utd in all competitions.
- Erling Haaland has been involved in 12 of City’s 23 league goals this season – in which he produced 11 goals and one assist.
- Man Utd have scored twice and conceded four goals across three away matches in the Premier League this season (W2, L1).
Having comfortably thrashed Wolves last time out, City can come into this match high on confidence knowing that their high-pressing intensity and clinical attacking play will pose a tricky test for many teams, whilst they also managed the game well defensively once Wolves got on top.
Utd meanwhile haven’t played a domestic game in a month but their away performances haven’t been particularly strong, which will suit City unless Erik ten Hag can set his Red Devils up to play on the counter-attack where clinical finishing will be absolutely vital for their chances at a win.
It is also worth remembering that this is a local derby so form can easily go out of the window but given City’s attacking quality, I am struggling to figure out how Utd can keep their neighbours quiet irrespective of Tyrell Malacia and Lisandro Martinez’s strong defensive performances.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-1 Manchester United
Result: Manchester City 6-3 Manchester United