Wolves welcome Southampton to Molineux in a mid-table Premier League encounter.
Victory by three goals or more would see Wolves climb to seventh for at least a few hours, whereas Southampton can climb to tenth with a win.
Wolves have no fresh injury concerns to report after their win against Sheffield United in Third Round of 2021-22 FA Cup.
Jonny, Pedro Neto (both knee), Yerson Mosquera, Hee-Chan Hwang (both hamstring) and Romain Saiss (international duty) remain absent.
Southampton could welcome Kyle Walker-Peters back from self-isolation following a positive Coronavirus test.
Yan Valery (suspension) and Armando Broja (head) are doubts.
Alex McCarthy (thigh), Moussa Djenepo (international duty), Will Smallbone (calf), Valentino Livramento (knee), Theo Walcott and Mohamed Elyounoussi (both Coronavirus) remain absent.
- Wolves have lost just one of their last seven Premier League meetings against Southampton (W4, D2, L1).
- Southampton have won just one of four previous away Premier League visits to Molineux (W1, D2, L1).
- There has been no red cards in nine previous Premier League meetings between Wolves and Southampton.
- No Wolves player has been substituted on more occasions this season in the Premier League than Fabio Silva, who has been utilised as a substitute on nine occasions.
- Two of Southampton’s four headed league goals this season have been scored by Jan Bednarek.
Having enjoyed a festive break due to Coronavirus, Wolves have certainly relished that break because they’re yet to concede in 2022 after initially scrapping their way past Manchester United in their last league match before thrashing Sheffield Utd in the FA Cup.
Southampton meanwhile continue to have defensive issues yet they have made solid strides in attack in recent weeks, especially evident by seven goals in two matches in the last week so Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Saints can’t be underestimated.
This game should therefore be quite open because both teams look like they found their scoring boots now, so I am plumping for a surprise result.
Prediction: Wolves 2-2 Southampton
Result: Wolves 3-1 Southampton