Tottenham Hotspur welcome Chelsea to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in a huge second leg of their semi-final in 2021-22 Carabao Cup.
Spurs come into this match with a 2-0 deficit meaning that they must score at least twice to force a penalty shootout, although three goals without conceding would take them through to the Final.
Chelsea meanwhile simply need to avoid conceding at least two goals or more to secure their passage to the Final at Wembley Stadium.
Tottenham have no fresh injury concerns to report as Steven Bergwijn nears a return from a calf injury, although he won’t be risked in this match.
Eric Dier (illness) could return but Son Heung-min (muscle) and Cristian Romero (thigh) remain absent.
Chelsea could have Cesar Azpilicueta available for selection after his recovery from cramp suffered in the first leg, which forced him to miss Saturday’s FA Cup win against Chesterfield.
Thiago Silva and N’Golo Kante (both Coronavirus) are set to return but Reece James,, Trevoh Chalobah (both hamstring), Ben Chilwell (knee) and Edouard Mendy (international duty) remain ruled out.
- Tottenham have won just three of 12 previous League Cup meetings against Chelsea (W3, D3, L6), following a 2-0 loss in the first leg last week.
- Chelsea have won just one of five League Cup visits to Tottenham (W1, D2, L2).
- Both teams have scored in two of their last three meetings in this competition in which Spurs were the home team.
- Spurs are unbeaten in their last five League Cup matches held at home excluding penalty shootouts (W3, D2).
- Chelsea have failed to win three of their last five League Cup matches played away from Stamford Bridge excluding penalty shootouts (W2, D1, L2).
After stumbling their way to a late FA Cup comeback at home to Morecambe on Sunday, Tottenham need a huge performance from the get-go after two sluggishly weak first-half displays just to try and get that first goal to give them any hope.
Chelsea meanwhile were absolutely ruthless against Chesterfield with no let-up in team selection from Tuchel, which I can’t see happening here given that the Blues are only 2-0 up on aggregate but if they start well then this tie could quickly be over.
Spurs away though has been one of Chelsea’s bogey grounds in this competition so this hopefully be will be much tighter than the first leg, yet if Tottenham play like they did on Sunday then this game will go one way.
Prediction: Tottenham 1-2 Chelsea
Result: Tottenham 0-1 Chelsea (Chelsea WIN 3-0 on Aggregate!!!)