Norwich City continue their fight against relegation as Dean Smith’s Canaries welcome Manchester United to Carrow Road.
With Burnley and Newcastle not in action until Sunday, victory would see Norwich climb to 18th whereas Man Utd could go fifth with a win.
Mathias Normann could return for Norwich if he is passed fit following a recent pelvic injury.
Brandon Williams is ineligible to face his parent club as per terms of his loan deals and joins Christoph Zimmerman (ankle), Sam Byram (fitness) and Milot Rashica (groin) on the sidelines.
Man Utd could be without Aaron Wan-Bissaka after the full-back suffered two separate knocks in their 1-1 draw against Young Boys in Champions League on Wednesday.
Nemanja Matic (illness) is a doubt but Raphael Varane (hamstring), Paul Pogba (quad), Anthony Martial (muscle) and Edinson Cavani (tendon) remain ruled out.
- Norwich have won just one of their last seven league meetings against Manchester United (W1, L6).
- Man Utd have won four of their last five league visits to Carrow Road (W4, L1).
- Three of the last four meetings in this fixture at Carrow Road have been settled by 1-0 results – with Norwich winning once to Man Utd’s two wins across those three particular games.
- Billy Gilmour has been booked in two of Norwich’s last three matches.
- Both of Utd’s last two away league goals have been scored in the 50th minute.
After producing a wasted performance in their loss at Tottenham last weekend, Norwich will be eager to produce a reaction because they made bright starts to both halves but were simply outplayed across the game with poor marking proving costly.
Utd meanwhile were made to grind out their win over Crystal Palace but looked confident in attack with excellent pressing with patience, whilst Rangnick’s decision to rest several players in midweek against Young Boys should ensure that they are on top form here.
This though should be a close game if Norwich can raise their game and find their form again especially in attack, otherwise I fancy United to come here and get a comfortable result given their immediate improvement in attack.
Prediction: Norwich City 0-2 Manchester United
Result: Norwich City 0-1 Manchester United