West Ham look to finish Group H on a high as David Moyes’ Hammers welcome Dinamo Zagreb to the London Stadium.
With top spot in Group H and a bye to the Round of 16 assured, West Ham are playing for pride whereas Zagreb will qualify as runners-up with at least one point.
Aaron Cresswell could return for West Ham after missing their last two matches with a back injury.
Kurt Zouma and Ben Johnson are ruled out with hamstring injuries suffered during Saturday’s Premier League win over Chelsea.
Ryan Fredericks (groin) and Angelo Ogbonna (knee) are also absent.
Zagreb have no fresh injury concerns but Komnen Andric, Marko Tolic and Kevin Theophile-Catherine are all one booking away from an one match ban.
- West Ham won their only previous meeting against Dinamo Zagreb in all competitions, beating the Croatian team 2-0 in September.
- Zagreb are visiting West Ham for the very first time but are winless in nine previous away matches against English opposition in all UEFA competitions (D2, L7).
- David Moyes’ Hammers have scored five goals at home in this group without conceding.
- Zagreb have lost all five previous away matches against London based clubs in all UEFA competitions.
- Coming into this final round of Group matches, West Ham have kept the most clean sheets out of all 32 teams with four shutouts in five matches.
West Ham are safely through as Group H winners so I wouldn’t be surprised if David Moyes opts to rest his key players ahead of their domestic trip to Burnley on Sunday, although I do expect the Hammers to come out fighting to ensure they have momentum going into the festive run.
Zagreb meanwhile need at least one point to ensure that they progress but will need to overcome their English soil hoodoo to do so, which looks difficult given their defensive form this season although their attack has been marginally better.
On that note, this either will be competitive or have a dead rubber feeling if Zagreb decide to just try and get that point, although I am going for a home win if West Ham decide to go for the win to ensure they remain unbeaten in Europe this season.
Prediction: West Ham 1-0 Dinamo Zagreb
Result: West Ham 0-1 Dinamo Zagreb