Tottenham Hotspur continue to chase European qualification as Antonio Conte’s Spurs welcome relegation battling Norwich to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Victory would send Tottenham fifth until Monday evening at minimum, whereas Norwich need at least one point to climb off the foot of the table to 18th.
Dane Scarlett could return for Tottenham if he passes a late fitness test after recovering from an ankle injury.
Cristian Romero (thigh) and Giovani Lo Celso (knee) remain absent.
Norwich will be without Milot Rashica until New Year after the Kosovan midfielder missed Tuesday’s draw at Newcastle with a groin injury.
Todd Cantwell (fitness) is set to be in contention but Mathias Normann (pelvis), Christoph Zimmerman (ankle) and Sam Byram are ruled out.
- Tottenham have lost just one of their last five league meetings against Norwich (W3, D1, L1).
- Norwich are winless in two previous visits to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium excluding penalty shootouts (D1, L1).
- Spurs have scored at least twice in their last four league meetings against Norwich (W3, D1).
- Tottenham have netted twice in three of their last four home league games.
- Two of Norwich’s three away league goals this season were scored by Teemu Pukki.
After a slow start to life under Conte, Spurs really have found their feet now following a disciplined yet dominant performance in Thursday’s win over Brentford, where they got on the front foot early and never looked back which marks a huge turnaround in energy compared to a few weeks ago.
Norwich meanwhile will be relieved to have snatched a point at Newcastle in midweek which could be crucial come end of season, although they did well to withstand numerous attacks whilst taking their own chances well which paid off with a clinical equaliser.
This game though feels like it is Spurs’ to lose given their form against Norwich but the Canaries were no pushovers when they came here in their last visit in 2019-20 FA Cup, plus have the advantage of 48 hours extra rest so this could well be a decent scrap depending on Spurs’ line-up.
I though have a feeling that Tottenham should have enough for the win especially with one eye on a crunch Europa Conference League clash to come in midweek.
Prediction: Tottenham 2-1 Norwich
Result: Tottenham 3-0 Norwich