Burnley look to continue their fight for survival as Sean Dyche’s Clarets welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Turf Moor on Super Sunday.
Victory would see Burnley move to within a point of safety but they will remain third-bottom of the league, whereas a win would see Tottenham climb to sixth in the table.
Ashley Barnes is a doubt for Burnley as he continues to recover from a knock.
James Tarkowski and Ashley Westwood are both suspended for this match after picking up their fifth bookings in last weekend’s 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace.
Dale Stephens (fitness) remains ruled out.
Tottenham could be without Steven Bergwijn after the Netherlands striker missed their Europa Conference League loss at Mura on Thursday due to illness.
Dane Scarlett (ankle) and Cristian Romero (hamstring) are still ruled out.
- Burnley have claimed just four points from their last five league meetings against Tottenham (W1, D1, L3).
- Tottenham have won three of their last five visits to Turf Moor (W3, D1, L1).
- There have been no red cards in 14 previous Premier League meetings between Burnley and Spurs.
- Maxwel Cornet has scored in each of Burnley’s last two home matches with the Clarets going on to win both games (W2).
- Spurs have failed to score in three of their last five away league matches and snatched just one point from those three specific matches (D1, L2).
Burnley certainly found themselves in a proper fight last weekend against Crystal Palace where defending was their weakness, in which they made numerous sloppy mistakes defensively despite showing excellent spirit to twice come from behind for an eventual draw.
Tottenham however do have work to do because although they looked contrastable against Leeds last time out, it doesn’t compare to Thursday’s Europa Conference League embarrassment away to Mura where they pathetically lost 2-1 with poor attacking and shaky defending.
Antonio Conte therefore has a huge task on his hands to sort out this Spurs team and he already knows how dangerous Burnley can be from his days in charge of Chelsea, so tactics will be important but if Burnley score first, I can see another poor away result coming Tottenham’s way.
Prediction: Burnley 1-1 Tottenham
Result: Burnley P-P Tottenham*
*Match postponed due to adverse weather conditions!!