Peterborough welcome Barnsley to London Road in a relegation six-pointer clash at the foot of 2021-22 Sky Bet Championship.
Victory could lift Peterborough out of the relegation zone if Reading lose elsewhere, whereas Barnsley can move to within a point of The Posh with a win but will stay second-bottom.
Peterborough have no fresh injury concerns to report after Wednesday’s disastrous away thrashing at Blackburn Rovers.
Joe Randall (leg) could return but Jack Marriott (tendon) and Ricky-Jade Jones (knee) remain ruled out.
Barnsley have no fresh injury or suspension concerns to report with a full squad in contention for selection.
- Peterborough have won just one of their last five meetings against Barnsley (W1, D1, L3).
- Barnsley have won two of their last five visits to London Road (W2, L3).
- Cauley Woodrow is the only one of Barnsley’s five goalscorers against Peterborough in 2018-19 League One season to still play for the Tykes.
- Three of Sikiri Dembele’s four league goals for Peterborough this season have been scored at London Road.
- No team has scored less goals in the opening 19 matchweeks of this season than Barnsley, with the Tykes having netted 13 goals in 19 league matches.
Having found themselves ruthlessly dismantled in a shambolically pathetic defensive performance devoid of much marking or closing down of open space, Peterborough now need a huge display to reinstall confidence of home fans because their attack is good but let down across the pitch.
Barnsley meanwhile still have work to do because something has badly gone wrong after their brilliant attacking campaign last season, yet they were simply outplayed in midweek against Swansea in Poya Asbagi’s first match in the dugout although he has work to improve their attack.
Peterborough though have hit rock-bottom and surely can’t get any worse but if Asbagi can get his Tykes firing with more discipline and attacking sharpness, I can see just one result coming here.
Prediction: Peterborough 0-1 Barnsley
Result: Peterborough 0-0 Barnsley