Arsenal welcome Watford to Emirates Stadium as both teams look to chase a win in respective European and relegation battles.
Victory will lift Arsenal up to fifth heading into November’s international break, whereas Watford can climb to 14th with a win.
Kieran Tierney is a doubt for Arsenal after missing their last two matches with an ankle injury.
Granit Xhaka remains ruled out with a knee injury.
Watford will have Emmanuel Dennis available after the striker was suspended for last weekend’s defeat against Southampton.
Kiko Femenia (hip) and Francisco Sierralta (hamstring) are both set to return but Peter Etebo (quad), Christian Kabasele (hamstring), Kwadwo Baah (ankle) and Ken Sema (knee) are ruled out.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against Watford (W4, D1).
- Watford have won just one of their last five visits to the Emirates Stadium (W1, L4).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored five goals in his last three appearances for Arsenal against Watford (W2, D1).
- Aubameyang has converted 11 of his 22 shots onto target this season which resulted in four goals.
- Coming into this matchweek, no player has been fouled more times than Watford’s Emmanuel Dennis who has been fouled 24 times in nine league appearances.
A strong clinically aggressive start proved enough for Arsenal to defeat Leicester last weekend, despite Aaron Ramsdale having to save their skin for majority of the game against increased pressure from the Foxes, although I do feel like they will enjoy an easier time in this game.
Watford meanwhile will be disappointed in failing to follow up their win at Everton two weeks ago as they fell to a narrow loss to Southampton last weekend, where a slow start to grasp the Saints’ attacking intensity proved costly despite improving considerably in the second half once on the counter attack.
On that note, I feel like Watford will need to have learned from last week’s errors because if Arsenal start with the same intensity, this could easily be finished in the opening 20 minutes but Arsenal’s defence isn’t the best at times so clinical finishing could be key for Watford if Ramsdale has an off day.
This match though is Arsenal’s to lose in all honesty given their form at present.
Prediction: Arsenal 2-0 Watford
Result: Arsenal 1-0 Watford