Chelsea look to enter November’s international break top of the Premier League as Thomas Tuchel’s Blues play host to Burnley at Stamford Bridge.
At least one point would see Chelsea secure top spot heading into the international break regardless of what Liverpool achieve at West Ham on Sunday.
Burnley meanwhile can climb out of the relegation zone until Sunday afternoon with a win.
Mason Mount is a doubt for Chelsea after illness forced the midfielder to miss their last two matches.
Mateo Kovacic, Timo Werner (both hamstring) and Romelu Lukaku (ankle) remain ruled out.
Burnley could be without Aaron Lennon after illness prevented the midfielder from training during the week.
Dale Stephens remains ruled out with an ankle injury.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last seven league meetings against Burnley (W6, D1).
- Burnley have claimed four points from their last five trips to Stamford Bridge (W1, D1, L3).
- Both Chelsea and Burnley are yet to score a league goal on the counterattack this season.
- Chelsea’s Edouard Mendy has made four punches in nine league appearances this season compared to two punches in 31 league appearances last season.
- No foreign player has won more aerial battles this season than Burnley’s Chris Wood, who has won 49 aerial battles in ten league appearances.
Having endured two difficult matches in the last week where they had to be patient against Newcastle and Malmo where clinical finishing proved the difference, Chelsea come into this game high on confidence and know that grinding out winning results is a hallmark of champions.
Burnley however finally got their first win of the season last weekend with an aggressively clinical counter-attack win over Brentford with ruthless intruding of unmarked positions, which proved pivotal to their impressive overall performance so I expect more of the same here.
I however can’t see past a Chelsea win but they shouldn’t expect an easy contest because Burnley will be confident of building on last weekend’s display, so this could be tighter than many might predict especially with Maxwel Cornet in form for the visitors.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Burnley
Result: Chelsea 1-1 Burnley