Nottingham Forest welcome Fulham to the City Ground in Sunday’s stand-out clash from 2021-22 Sky Bet Championship.
Victory will see Forest climb to 13th in the table, whereas Fulham can reclaim second with a win.
Forest have no fresh injury concerns to report after Lyle Taylor’s inspired midweek comeback at Bristol City as Loic Mbe Soh and Jordi Osei-Tutu remain absent with respective thigh and hamstring injuries.
Fulham could welcome Fabio Carvalho back from a knee injury which has kept the youngster out in recent weeks.
Terence Kongolo remains absent with a knee injury.
- Nottingham Forest have won just one of their last six matches against Fulham (W1, D1, L4).
- Fulham have won two of their last five visits to Forest (W1, D1, L2).
- Fulham have kept just one clean sheets in their last six visits to City Ground in all competitions (W3, D1, L2)
- Lyle Taylor’s penalty in Tuesday’s win at Bristol City was Forest’s first league goal from penalty spot this season.
- Five of Aleksandr Mitrovic’s 13 league goals for Fulham this season have been scored away from Craven Cottage.
Although clean sheets haven’t been Forest’s strong point, Steve Cooper has done a superb job this past month to refocus their attack as evidenced by a remarkable upturn in goals and attacking quality, which was apparent in their clinical last-gasp comeback win at Bristol City in midweek.
Fulham meanwhile have bounced back brilliantly with two excellent displays in the past week but with just four points from two of their last four away matches, the Cottagers are beginning to look shaky away from home at times but their attack should be back on form now Carvalho is available to partner Mitrovic.
On that note, I am expecting a cracking contest here because both teams definitely have the attacking quality to push each other all the way, although I am going for a Fulham win because I can see Forest’s defence eventually getting overwhelmed by the likes of Mitrovic and Harry Wilson.
Prediction: Nottingham Forest 1-3 Fulham
Result: Nottingham Forest 0-4 Fulham