Rangers welcome Brondby to Ibrox in a bottom of Group A clash in 2021-22 UEFA Europa League.
Victory would see Rangers leapfrog Brondby into third whereas the Danish club can open a four-point gap to rock-bottom Rangers with a win.
Ryan Kent won’t be available for Rangers as he nears a return from a hamstring injury but this match comes just too soon for the midfielder.
Ryan Jack (calf) and Filip Helander (knee) remain absent.
Brondby will be without goalkeeper Mads Hermansen due to an ankle injury.
Rasmus Wikstrom (shoulder), Mathias Greve and Peter Bjur (both knocks) are all ruled out.
- This is Rangers’ first-ever meeting against Brondby in all UEFA competitions.
- Rangers are unbeaten in four previous home matches against Danish opposition across all UEFA competitions (W3, D1).
- Brondby have won two of three previous away matches against Scottish opposition in all UEFA competitions (W2, L1).
- Joe Aribo has been yellow-carded in three of his last four starts for Rangers in all competitions.
- Brondby have only converted one of their ten shots in their two group matches onto target.
Rangers come into this match without a single goal from their two opening matches – having been outplayed by Lyon and Sparta Prague, which means that a huge performance here is a must if they’re to realistically retain any hopes of qualifying for the knockouts.
Brondby meanwhile aren’t faring much better after scraping a draw in their opener before losing at Lyon last time out, whilst their attacking stats are awful in fairness but this Danish team do look defensively difficult to beat given their fouls and ball recovery stats which will create a tactical test for Rangers.
I though am going for a narrow Rangers win because although they’ve not been at their best for most of this season, there is still enough quality to break down this Brondby team and snatch a win.
Prediction: Rangers 1-0 Brondby
Result: Rangers 2-0 Brondby