Crystal Palace welcome Leicester City to Selhurst Park in the first of two televised Super Sunday clashes as both teams look to chase a top-ten spot.
Victory could put Palace above the Foxes and as high as 11th, whereas Brendan Rogers’ Foxes can climb to ninth with a win if Tottenham and Brentford lose elsewhere.
Palace have no fresh injury concerns to report after Monday’s 1-1 draw against Brighton as Eberechi Eze and Nathan Ferguson (both Achilles) remain absent.
Leicester could welcome Jonny Evans back after illness prevented the defender from travelling to Poland for Thursday’s Europa League defeat at Legia Warsaw.
Wilfred Ndidi (hamstring) is a doubt but James Justin (knee) and Wesley Fofana (leg) remain ruled out.
- Crystal Palace have won just one of their last five meetings against Leicester (W1, D1, L3).
- Leicester have won just one of their last five league visits to Selhurst Park (W1, D2, L2).
- Palace’s Wilfried Zaha scored in both meetings against Leicester last season (D1, L1).
- No Premier League goalkeeper has produced more punches in this season’s first six matchweeks than Palace’s Vicente Guaita, who has made eight punches in six appearances.
- Harvey Barnes (4) and Jamie Vardy (7) together account for 11 of Leicester’s 12 offsides this season, with Caglar Soyuncu the other Leicester player to be caught offside but just once.
Although defending has been Palace’s main issue this season, they delivered a brilliant performance against an attack-minded Brighton which almost earned them a scrappy win if not for their late defensive mistake so I do expect them to again be difficult to beat here.
Leicester meanwhile have defensive issues of their own because they were woeful against Burnley last weekend, which clearly continued in their defeat at Legia Warsaw as they struggled with the Polish club’s pace and expansive style despite looking decent in attack themselves.
Scrappy therefore feels like the best word to describe what we could expect here because I can see goals but at same time, it is very difficult to see either team turning with the perfect game to win this.
Prediction: Crystal Palace 1-1 Leicester
Result: Crystal Palace 2-2 Leicester