Bournemouth look to stay top of the Sky Bet Championship as Scott Parker’s Cherries welcome Luton Town to Vitality Stadium in Saturday’s standout clash.
Victory will see Bournemouth stay top of the league, whereas Luton could go as high as seventh with a win.
Will Dennis is a doubt for Bournemouth after suffering a knock during warm-up ahead of their win at Cardiff last weekend.
Junior Stanislas (hamstring) and Lewis Cook (knee) remain absent.
Luton will remain without Fred Onyedinma and Allan Campbell due to ligament damage.
Danny Hylton (calf), Sonny Bradley, Amari’i Bell, Dan Potts and Admiral Muskwe (all unspecified) are considered doubts and will be handed late fitness tests.
- Bournemouth have lost just one of their last six league clashes against Luton (W2, D3, L1).
- Luton have won two of their last five trips to Bournemouth in all competitions (W2, D1, L2), with both wins coming via 1-0 results.
- Dominic Solanke has scored four goals in his last three league appearances at home for Bournemouth.
- Five of Luton’s six away goals in three away league matches this season have come after half-time, with three of those five second-half goals coming in injury time.
- Luton lost their only previous match this season refereed by Tim Robinson, which also came away from Kenilworth Road as the Hatters lost 3-2 at West Brom last month.
Bournemouth come into this match still yet to lose in the league and have scored at least twice in all five home matches across all competitions this season, so will certainly fancy their chances here if are able to start on the front foot as so often has been the case.
Luton though are a side full of spirit but their priority has to be ensuring that Bournemouth don’t make a bright start and score first, otherwise this could be a long afternoon on top of their injury woes at present for the Hatters who themselves are capable of scoring goals when given the chance.
On that note, I do hope to see a good contest between two quality teams but if Luton defend like they did in the second half against Swansea last weekend, I can see just one result heading their way.
Prediction: Bournemouth 2-0 Luton
Result: Bournemouth 2-1 Luton