Leicester City kick off their second consecutive UEFA Europa League campaign as they welcome Napoli to King Power Stadium in Group C.
Victory for either team will put them top of Group C if can score at least twice, following Legia Warsaw’s 1-0 win over Spartak Moscow on Wednesday (15 September) evening.
Leicester have no fresh injury concerns to report after Saturday’s Premier League defeat at home to Manchester City.
James Justin (knee) and Wesley Fofana (leg) remain ruled out.
Napoli could be without Diego Demme as the defensive midfielder continues to recover from a muscle injury.
Lorenzo Insigne (knee), Stanislav Lobotka (hamstring) and Alex Meret (back) are ruled out.
David Ospina, Victor Osimhen and Amir Rrahmani meanwhile could all miss out due to UK quarantine rules, having represented countries on UK’s red-list during the international break.
- This is Leicester’s first-ever meeting against Napoli in all competitions.
- Leicester are facing Italian opposition for the very first time in European competitions.
- Napoli are winless in three previous away trips against English opposition in this competition (D1, L2).
- Leicester have lost just twice at home in all UEFA competitions (W8, D3, L2), with all three draws finishing 1-1 whilst both defeats were by 2-0 results.
- Napoli have never kept a clean sheet against English opposition in all UEFA competitions.
Leicester can be disappointed to have not scored a point on Saturday but they did find themselves hard pressed by Man City, in turn not allowing themselves time to accurately deliver shots but they did defend well which should stand them in good stead for this clash.
Napoli though will certainly pose another difficult test given that they’re unbeaten this season so far, although they could be vulnerable in goal if Ospina joins Meret on the absentee list but should still have enough quality in them to cause issues.
I however do fancy Leicester for the win here because they do have the quality in them to win this, especially given Napoli’s leaky form against English opposition.
Prediction: Leicester 2-1 Napoli
Result: Leicester 2-2 Napoli