Blackburn Rovers welcome West Bromwich Albion to Ewood Park in Saturday’s stand-out Sky Bet Championship match.
Victory could put Blackburn top if results elsewhere go in their favour, whereas West Brom will remain top with a win unless Fulham beat Hull and better the Baggies’ goal tally.
Ryan Nyambe is Blackburn’s only injury concern as he continues to struggle with a hamstring injury which forced him to sit out Wednesday’s win at Nottingham Forest.
West Brom have no injury concerns to report with a full squad expected to be in contention except for Romaine Sawyers, who has joined Stoke City on a season-long loan.
- Blackburn are unbeaten in three of their last five meetings against West Brom (W1, D2, L2).
- West Brom have won just one of their last ten league trips to Ewood Park (W1, D4, L5).
- Both teams have scored in their last three clashes at Ewood Park, with both teams winning one match apiece by 2-1 results whilst their recent meeting in July 2020 finished 1-1.
- Rovers have scored first in each of their two home matches in all competitions so far this season, defeating Swansea 2-1 in the league but lost 2-1 to Morecambe in Carabao Cup.
- Callum Robinson has scored in all three of West Brom’s matches so far this season (W2, D1).
Coming into this match with a leaky defence despite adjusting well to the loss of Adam Armstrong and his shedload of goals, Blackburn are definitely in a tricky situation because they will need to shore up their defence against a quality West Brom team yet continue their attacking form of recent weeks.
West Brom meanwhile already look like a team who want to chase promotion quickly with their fierce start to the campaign, which was underlined by a ruthless yet clinical midweek mauling of Sheffield United so I do expect them to come here fighting despite their bogey record at Ewood Park.
Goals therefore feel like a certainty so it is easy to say a draw here given Blackburn’s home record against West Brom, yet I have a feeling that the Baggies will snatch a rare result if they continue to build in character and quality.
Prediction: Blackburn Rovers 1-2 West Brom
Result: Blackburn Rovers 1-2 West Brom