Crystal Palace welcome Brentford to Selhurst Park in a cross-London derby as Patrick Vieira’s Eagles look to bounce back from an opening weekend defeat.
Palace are looking to move out of the relegation zone with victory, whereas Brentford look to continue their winning start to the season.
Luka Milivojevic is unlikely to feature for Crystal Palace for a second consecutive match due to personal reasons.
Michael Olise (back), Eberechi Eze and Nathan Ferguson (both Achilles) are ruled out.
Brentford could be without Kristoffer Ajer after the centre-back suffered an ankle injury during their opening win against Arsenal last weekend.
Josh Dasilva (hip) and Mathias Jensen (foot) are still ruled out.
- This is Crystal Palace’s first-ever Premier League meeting against Brentford.
- Crystal Palace have won just one of four previous national league meetings against Brentford between January 1962 – January 1964 since the Old Third Division was nationalised in 1958 (W1, D1, L2).
- Brentford have won just one of their last five trips to Selhurst Park in all competitions (W1, D2, L2).
- Palace have won just one of their last five opening home matches in a new season (W1 D1, L3).
- Brentford have won just one of their last five opening away trips in last five seasons (W1 D1, L3).
After enduring a difficult opener at Chelsea last weekend in which they were outclassed from the first whistle, Palace will be relieved to have left Stamford Bridge with just three conceded goals despite showing improved attacking quality in the second half but need to improve defensively.
Brentford however come here on a high after a clinical morale boosting debut victory over Arsenal so will be full of confidence coming into this game, having asserted their high intensity pressing with strong work rate across the whole team.
This match though is the second consecutive London derby for both teams so they will certainly be ready to build on their promises shown last weekend, although I am going to go for a Brentford win because if they play like they did against Arsenal then Palace could be in trouble defensively.
Prediction: Crystal Palace 1-2 Brentford
Result: Crystal Palace 0-0 Brentford