LASK welcome St Johnstone to Worthersee Stadion in the first leg of their Play-Off tie in 2021-22 UEFA Europa Conference League.
LASK advanced to this stage after thrashing Vojvodina 7-1 on aggregate in the Third Qualifying Round, whereas St Johnstone drop into this competition after losing their Third Qualifying Round tie against Galatasaray 5-3 on aggregate.
James Holland is a doubt for LASK with a knock suffered in recent weeks.
Andreas Gruber remains absent with a knee injury suffered in February.
St Johnstone have no fresh injury concerns after defeating Arbroath on penalties following a 2-2 draw in Scottish League Cup on Sunday, as Craig Bryson is set to remain absent with a knee injury.
- This is LASK’s first-ever meeting against St Johnstone in all competitions.
- LASK are winless in two previous home matches against Scottish opposition (D1, L1), scoring three goals and conceding four goals.
- St Johnstone is facing Austrian opposition for the very first time in their history.
- LASK have scored in four of their last five home matches across all European competitions (W3, D1, L1).
- St Johnstone have drawn 1-1 in three of their last five away matches in all European competitions (D3, L2).
As one of the strongest attacking teams in the competition, LASK will definitely be a huge test for the Saints because their quick possession based attacking play and clinical finishing abilities will certainly be a huge issue for the visitors’ defence if the hosts can impose themselves and control the match quickly.
With a strong Cup speciality under Callum Davidson, St Johnstone will be confident of their chances but they need to improve their defence after conceding eight goals in their last four matches despite netting six goals themselves.
Either way, this is going to be a difficult match because if LASK can quickly impose their style and score first then this could be a long evening for St Johnstone, whereas if the Scottish team score first given their high tempo 3-4-1-2 formation then we could have a tie on our hands.
Prediction: LASK 1-1 St Johnstone
Result: LASK 1-1 St Johnstone