Last season’s finalists, Bayern Munich and PSG collide at Allianz Arena in the first leg of their Quarter Final tie in 2020-21 UEFA Champions League.
Manchester City or Borussia Dortmund will await the winner of this tie in the semi-finals, as Bayern look to continue their title defence.
Robert Lewandowski is ruled out for Bayern after suffering a knee injury whilst on international duty for Poland.
Javier Martinez (knock), Ron-Thorben Hoffman, Malik Tillman (both knee), Corentin Tolisso (tendon) and Douglas Costa (ankle) remain absent.
PSG will be without Alessandro Florenzi and Marco Verratti after the pair tested positive for Coronavirus.
Layvin Kurzawa (calf), Mauro Icardi (thigh) and Juan Bernat (knee) are ruled out.
- Bayern Munich have won four of nine previous Champions League meetings against PSG, with none of their those nine clashes resulting in draws (W4, L5).
- PSG have won just one of four previous trips to Bayern Munich (W1, L3).
- Bayern have kept just two clean sheets against PSG in nine clashes.
- Kylian Mbappe has scored six goals in his last three Champions League appearances for PSG, of which two goals came from first half penalties.
- Maxim Choupo-Moting has scored in each of his last two home Champions League games for Bayern.
Bayern enter this match on an unbeaten 19 match run in this competition but this is definitely going to be a tough task without Lewandowski, yet they do possess a dangerous midfield and Thomas Muller who should fill Lewandowski’s forward role comfortably.
PSG meanwhile will have priorities lying elsewhere slightly given that they are untypically in a four-way fight for Ligue 1 title this season, but I still think that they will give this everything especially given how they beat difficult opposition in Barcelona in the Last 16.
This therefore should be a proper competitive contest given the attacking quality on offer in both teams, although I think Bayern should have the edge given PSG’s poor away form in this fixture but the French team should find at least one away goal.
Prediction: Bayern Munich 2-1 PSG
Result: Bayern Munich 2-3 PSG