Leeds United welcome Southampton to Elland Road in an rearranged midweek Premier League clash.
Victory will send Leeds up to tenth above Wolves and Arsenal, whereas Southampton will leapfrog the Yorkshire club with a win and go 12th.
Leeds continue to be without Kalvin Phillips due to a calf injury.
Rodrigo (groin), Gaetano Berardi, Robin Koch (both knee), Ian Poveda (ankle) and Adam Forshaw (hip) all remain on the sidelines.
Southampton could welcome Stuart Armstrong back after a muscle injury kept the Scottish midfielder out of Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Chelsea.
Kyle Walker-Peters (hamstring), Ibrahima Diallo (muscle), Will Smallbone (knee), Michael Obafemi (unspecified) and Theo Walcott (tendon) remain absent.
- Leeds have won just one of their last five Premier League meetings against Southampton (W1, D2, L2).
- Southampton have taken just two points from their last six Premier League trips to Elland Road (D2, L4).
- Marcelo Bielsa’s Whites have scored in five of their last six home league games since a goalless draw against Arsenal in late November.
- Saints’ seven match winless streak is their worst period in the Premier League since September-November 2019 and longest period without a league win under Ralph Hasenhuttl.
- Just four of Patrick Bamford’s 12 league goals for Leeds this season have come on home turf at Elland Road.
Leeds will be disappointed with their defeat at Wolves on Friday because they did look dangerous throughout with creative attacking play, yet defended resolutely despite being stretched to the extent where they allowed free space on the flanks for Wolves to run into.
Southampton meanwhile did the most of the defending against Chelsea on Saturday but they did take their chances well when capable of getting on the attack, although I do expect to see an improved performance here given the extra attacking opportunities that will be available in this game.
I therefore am expecting a closely fought contest full of attacking opportunities and although Elland Road has been a top flight bogey ground for the Saints lately, a draw looks a good bet here given the recent results of both teams.
Prediction: Leeds 1-1 Southampton
Result: Leeds 3-0 Southampton