West Ham United welcome Tottenham Hotspur to the London Stadium in a mouth-watering London derby, kicking off a Super Sunday quadruple header.
Following Chelsea’s draw at Southampton on Saturday, victory would see West Ham climb into fourth whereas Tottenham could climb up to eighth for at least two hours with a win.
Michail Antonio is set to return for West Ham after missing their last two matches with fatigue.
Fabian Balbuena (calf) could also return but Angelo Ogbonna (ankle), Andriy Yarmolenko, Arthur Masuaku (both knee) and Darren Randolph (knock) remain absent.
Tottenham could welcome Sergio Reguilon back from a muscle injury which has kept the left-back out of Spurs’ last six matches in all competitions.
Harry Kane could also return after being rested in Thursday’s Europa League win over Wolfsberger, but Serge Aurier (knock) and Giovani Lo Celso (thigh) are still ruled out.
- West Ham are unbeaten in three of their last seven league meetings against Tottenham (W1, D2, L4).
- Tottenham have won three of their last five league trips to West Ham (W3, L2), although all three of those wins came in four visits to the London Stadium with two of those wins coming as 3-2 results.
- Harry Kane has scored four goals in his last three Tottenham appearances against West Ham.
- David Moyes’ Hammers have taken four points from two London derbies at home in the Premier League this season (W1, D1).
- Two of Spurs’ last five conceded away league goals came in the first half.
West Ham will certainly be up for this derby after a confident performance on Monday in which they weathered Sheffield United’s attacks, yet were clinical when chances fell their way on the counter which will give them belief against Tottenham.
Jose Mourinho’s Spurs however will be keen to build on Thursday’s excellent away performance and with Kane set to start after missing the match through rest, I expect to see Tottenham come out and look to show that they are finally turning a corner after their recent rut.
Should West Ham though turn up with an organised tactical plan, this could well be an interesting battle which ends in a score draw given how their last meeting finished after Spurs switched off mentally following a quick start.
Prediction: West Ham 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Result: West Ham 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur