Top faces bottom as Manchester United welcome Sheffield United to Old Trafford in a huge Premier League clash at both ends of the table.
Victory will put Man Utd back on the summit of the Premier League, whereas Sheffield Utd look to move closer towards their relegation rivals despite staying at the foot of table irrespective of their result here.
Marcus Rashford is a doubt for Man Utd after suffering a knee injury during their FA Cup win over Liverpool on Sunday.
Marcos Rojo (calf), Brandon Williams (knock), Phil Jones (knee) and Facundo Pellistri (Coronavirus) are ruled out.
Sheffield Utd could welcome Ben Osborn, Lys Mousset and Oli McBurnie back from knocks.
John Egan is suspended and joins Jack Robinson (unspecified), Sander Berge (hamstring) and Jack O’Connell (knee) on sidelines.
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League meetings against Sheffield Utd (W7, D1).
- Sheffield Utd have lost all four previous Premier League trips to Old Trafford (L4).
- Anthony Martial has scored four goals in three league appearances for Man Utd against Sheffield Utd.
- Harry Maguire has produced more passes so far this season in the Premier League than any other Man Utd player, producing 1,171 passes in 19 appearances.
- Chris Wilder’s Blades have hit the woodwork on three occasions, which is the lowest amount of any Premier League team this season.
Man Utd put in a strong attacking display to recover from conceding first in Sunday’s FA Cup win over Liverpool, although their defending at times was quite disappointing but then again their defensive record at home has been quite inconsistent all season.
That should therefore offer Sheffield Utd a bit of hope given their improved performances of recent weeks, but I feel that they will have to be clinical here and take their chances because the Red Devils look to have found their attacking strides now at this stage of the season.
Changes however will be rung and with Manchester City to come for the Blades on Saturday plus poor form here, I can see them trying to keep the defeat margin down if they lose unless can pull off a shock draw.
Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Sheffield United
Result: Manchester United 1-2 Sheffield United