Burnley welcome Manchester United to Turf Moor in an rearranged Premier League match from the opening weekend of this season.
Should Newcastle lose at Sheffield United in Tuesday’s early kick-off, Burnley could rise to 15th with victory.
Man Utd meanwhile can go top with victory because Liverpool aren’t in action amongst this set of midweek fixtures.
Dwight McNeil could return for Burnley after recovering from a groin injury which kept him out of the Clarets’ last four matches.
Charlie Taylor (hamstring) and Jay Rodriguez (knee) could also feature but Kevin Long and Jimmy Dunne (both knocks) are doubts.
Man Utd will have Edinson Cavani available after the Argentinean completed a three match ban.
Eric Bailly (neck), Victor Lindelof (back), Paul Pogba (knock) and Luke Shaw (muscle) is also set to be available, whilst Facundo Pellistri (Coronavirus), Phil Jones (knee) and Marcos Rojo (calf) remain absent.
- Burnley have won just two of their last 12 meetings against Man Utd (W2, D4, L6).
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last five trips to Turf Moor without conceding (W4, D1).
- Utd’s Anthony Martial has scored in each of his last three away starts at Burnley.
- Neither team have scored a free-kick this season in the Premier League.
- No team has created less shots this season than Burnley has done, having created just 136 shots in 15 league games.
Burnley found themselves in a huge FA Cup scrap in which they needed penalties to defeat MK Dons on Saturday, which surely is a concern after not playing for nearly two weeks but I am expecting a stronger attacking performance with a more typical first team lineup set to feature.
Man Utd meanwhile have lost just one of their last nine matches in all competitions and rested several key players on Saturday against Watford, so I am expecting another strong attacking match from the Red Devils which marks a huge contrast to their form compared to their last clash against Burnley nearly a year ago.
Sean Dyche’s Clarets however will be a tough team to break down defensively but I really can’t see how Utd won’t get all three points here given their form.
Prediction: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United
Result: Burnley 0-1 Manchester United