Crystal Palace kick off the last round of Premier League fixtures before Christmas as they welcome Liverpool to Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace can climb to ninth with victory whilst Liverpool know that at least one point will see them sit top at Christmas for a second consecutive season.
Christian Benteke is suspended for Palace after his red card in Wednesday’s 1-1 draw at West Ham.
Mamadou Sakho could return after missing the game with an undisclosed issue but Martin Kelly (calf), Nathan Ferguson, Wayne Hennessey and Connor Wickham (all thigh) are ruled out.
Liverpool could welcome Joel Matip back from a back injury which kept him out of Wednesday’s win over Tottenham.
James Milner (hamstring), Xherdan Shaqiri (muscle), Diogo Jota, Konstantinos Tsimikas, Joe Gomez, Thiago Alcantara and Virgil Van Dijk (all knee) remain sidelined.
- Crystal Palace have lost their last six competitive meetings against Liverpool (L6).
- Liverpool have won their last six trips to Selhurst Park in all competitions (W6).
- Sadio Mane has scored in each of his last six Liverpool appearances against Palace in all competitions
- No Palace player has taken more corners this season than Andros Townsend’s 28 corner deliveries.
- Mohamed Salah has made three clearances in 12 league appearances for Liverpool this season compared to two in 34 league outings last season.
Crystal Palace have done a superb job to claw two points from two tough games in the last six days but this is going to be a tough test of just how solid their defence is given Liverpool’s impressive record at Selhurst Park, because I am expecting to see Palace do a lot of defending but will need to be clinical if chances fall their way.
Speaking of Jurgen Klopp’s Reds, they delivered a brilliant first-half display before Spurs got on top in the second half but were able to snatch that win, which will only motivate them coming into this match after appearing fatigued at Fulham last Sunday in their last away match and hopefully we will see a more typical Liverpool display here.
Palace however are a team who can be difficult to beat if the Eagles get every aspect of their play right on their day so this could well require patience but I would be surprised if Liverpool left Selhurst Park without all three points given their form in this fixture.
Prediction: Crystal Palace 0-1 Liverpool
Result: Crystal Palace 0-7 Liverpool