Brighton & Hove Albion welcome Southampton to the AMEX Stadium in Monday Night Football.
Victory will see Brighton move above Arsenal into 15th whilst Southampton can go fifth with a win.
Neal Maupay could return for Brighton after recovering from a hamstring injury suffered in last weekend’s draw against Liverpool.
Tariq Lamptey and Alexis Mac Allister are also expected to feature but Adam Lallana (groin) is ruled out alongside Davy Propper (fitness), Christian Walton (ankle), Florian Andone and Jose Izquierdo (both knee).
Southampton could welcome Nathan Redmond and Danny Ings back from respective hamstring and knee injuries.
Mohamed Salisu however remains absent with fitness issues.
- Brighton are winless in six previous Premier League meetings against Southampton (D4, L2).
- Southampton have lost just one of their last 12 trips to Brighton in all competitions (W8, D3, L1).
- Brighton are yet to keep a clean sheet against Southampton after six previous Premier League meetings.
- All five of Danny Ings’ five league goals this season for Southampton have come on his right foot.
- No Brighton player has taken more corners in the Premier League this season than Pascal Gross, who has delivered 22 corners in nine appearances.
Brighton were superb against Liverpool last week despite the Reds being one of their bogey teams, especially because they played without fear and tore the visitors’ defence apart at times with a strong mix of crosses and through balls but their finishing however was disappointing at times yet lucky to snatch a point.
Southampton meanwhile were dangerous at set pieces against Manchester United but their defending just slipped throughout the second half to cost them the win, but if can tighten up their defending across ninety minutes merged with their attacking intent then this could well be three easy points.
I am however expecting a scrappy fight here because Brighton might lack star quality but aren’t a team to be underestimated at any time so a draw might well be a good bet here, although I have a feeling that the Saints will of learned from their defensive errors and come out with a stronger display given their form in this fixture.
Prediction: Brighton 1-2 Southampton
Result: Brighton 1-2 Southampton