West Bromwich Albion welcome Sheffield United to The Hawthorns in a blockbuster Saturday Night Football clash at the foot of the Premier League table.
A win for West Brom could lift them out of the relegation zone if Burnley lose at Manchester City earlier in the day, whilst victory for the Blades would see them move above their hosts at the foot of the table with the Baggies slipping to rock bottom.
Jake Livermore and Kieran Gibbs are doubts for West Brom after recently self-isolating due to positive Coronavirus tests, of which both recent tests came back negative.
Sam Field (knee) is still ruled out but could return within the coming weeks.
Sheffield Utd could welcome back Enda Stevens (knee) and Lys Mousset (foot) back but Ethan Ampadu is a doubt with a knock, with the on loan defender set for a late fitness test pre-match.
Jack O’Connell remains absent with a serious knee injury.
- This is the first-ever Premier League meeting between West Brom and Sheffield United.
- West Brom are unbeaten in four of last five meetings against Sheffield Utd (W2, D2, L1).
- Sheffield Utd have won three of their last five trips to The Hawthorns (W3, D1, L1).
- Neither team are yet to score a headed league goal this season.
- No Premier League player this season has won more aerial battles than Sheffield Utd’s Oli McBurnie, with the Scottish striker winning 64 aerial battles in nine appearances.
West Brom put in a valiant performance at Manchester United last week and were unlucky to come away without a point for their defensive effort, although they will need to show more attacking intent here because this is a huge opportunity to bank three vital points.
Sheffield United also suffered a narrow defeat last weekend but something has gone wrong up front because this Blades team are seriously lacking creativity and attacking intent, which they oozed plenty of last season and need to rediscover ahead of a hectic festive schedule for momentum sake.
Throw in the fact that both teams know how significant a win here will be for their survival ambitions and based on recent performances, I feel that West Brom might just have the edge here.
Prediction: WBA 1-0 Sheffield United
Result: WBA 1-0 Sheffield United