Arsenal welcome Molde to the Emirates Stadium in a top of Group B clash in 2020-21 UEFA Europa League.
Both teams enter this match locked on six points apiece meaning that the winner of this clash will top the group heading into the three-week break, whilst the loser will sit second heading into the second triple-header of this Group Stage.
David Luiz could return for Arsenal after a muscle injury kept him out of their last two matches.
Pablo Mari (ankle), Calum Chambers and Gabriel Martinelli (both knee) remain absent although Chambers and Mari could return after the international break.
Molde has a near full squad available except for Kristoffer Haraldseid who remains absent with a long-term knee injury.
- This is Arsenal’s first-ever meeting against Molde in all European competitions.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in four previous meetings against Norwegian opposition (W3, D1).
- Molde are facing English opposition for the very first time, although they have lost two of their last five trips to UK against all British opposition overall (W2, D1, L2).
- Arsenal have failed to draw any of their last ten home matches in Europa League since a goalless result against Sporting Lisbon in November 2018 (W8, L2).
- Molde’s Anthony Omoijuanfo has scored in each of his last two appearances for Norway.
Arsenal were superb on Sunday at Old Trafford against Manchester United in terms of aggressive attacking following on from last Thursday’s win over Dundalk, so if they can continue that form here then I seriously can’t see Molde having much to stop them after scraping wins in their last two Europa matches.
Mikel Arteta however will likely rotate his Arsenal squad so I can’t see a huge win but this should be a routine comfortable result given their strong home form in this competition.
Prediction: Arsenal 2-0 Molde
Result: Arsenal 4-1 Molde