Burnley face another difficult home Premier League test as they welcome Frank Lampard’s Chelsea to Turf Moor.
A win would lift Burnley out of the relegation zone whilst Chelsea could climb as high as fourth with a win, if other results earlier in weekend also swing in their favour.
Johann Berg Gudmundsson is a doubt for Burnley due to what manager, Sean Dyche described as a “niggly calf” injury.
Phil Bardsley meanwhile could return from illness but Erik Pieters (calf) is unlikely to be risked whilst Ben Mee (thigh) and Jack Cork (ankle) are ruled out.
Chelsea could have Kepa Arrizabalaga available for selection in goa following a shoulder injury but Billy Gilmour remains absent with a knee injury.
- Burnley have taken a single point from their last five meetings against Chelsea (D1, L4).
- Chelsea have taken 16 points from six Premier League trips to Turf Moor (W5, D1), scoring four goals in each of their last two trips.
- Burnley are yet to be awarded a penalty against Chelsea in any of their 12 previous Premier League meetings.
- No Premier League defender in the opening six rounds this season has produced more shots on target than Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma who has had four shots on goal.
- Phil Bardsley and James Tarkowski have made a joint high of seven headed clearances out of all Burnley players this season in their opening five league matches.
Burnley just seem to lack their energy of last season at present although they do look defensively assured with just two one goal losses in their last three on top of a goalless draw at West Brom nearly two weeks ago, which is a real concern coming into this fixture against a Chelsea team who battered Krasnodar in midweek.
Chelsea however were quite sloppy in their finishing against Manchester United last weekend, yet turned out a ruthless high tempo performance in Russia on Wednesday which is Chelsea at their attacking best, although they’re still defensively inconsistent domestically but clean sheets in their last three across all competitions is a huge sign of progress.
Burnley however will pose a tough defence which Tottenham struggled to break down on Monday, but I think this Chelsea team will have enough to dominate given their form at Turf Moor and hopefully keep a clean sheet even without scoring four goals for a third consecutive visit.
Prediction: Burnley 0-2 Chelsea
Result: Burnley 0-3 Chelsea