Cardiff City face a tough task as they welcome Bournemouth to Cardiff City Stadium in Wednesday’s big Sky Bet Championship clash.
Victory could send Cardiff as high as sixth whereas Bournemouth know that a win over the Bluebirds will see them climb to second.
Greg Cunningham and Jordi Osei-Tutu are unlikely to feature for Cardiff after being subbed with injuries during their win at Preston on Sunday.
Joe Bennett (hamstring) remains absent but Lee Tomlin is available after serving an one match ban at the weekend.
Bournemouth could see squad rotation with Jason Tindall set to recall Joshua King after the Norwegian international sat out Saturday’s goalless draw against QPR, whilst Cameron Carter-Vickers is set to make his first start for the Cherries since joining on loan on Friday.
David Brooks is also in contention to start after a knock kept him sidelined at the weekend.
- Cardiff have taken four points from last four league meetings against Bournemouth (W1, D1, L2).
- Bournemouth are unbeaten in two previous second tier meetings against Cardiff (W1, D1).
- Cardiff have lost just two of last eight league meetings against Bournemouth at home (W2, D4, L2).
- Bournemouth have kept just one clean sheets in four league matches this season.
- The home team in last two meetings during 2018-19 Premier League season won by 2-0 results.
Cardiff come into this match off a spirited win on the counter-attack at Preston but their home form this season has been poor with two defeats from two home outings, although they probably will need another counter-attacking display if are to win here,
The Cherries however put in a sub par performance on Saturday as they were held to a goalless home draw by QPR but now that they have had that post international break feeling, I am expecting to see a more clinical performance akin to what we saw in their opening four matches.
Fans should therefore not expect a classic because this will likely be a scrappy game but I have a feeling that this will be a tight result.
Prediction: Cardiff 1-1 Bournemouth
Result: Cardiff 1-1 Bournemouth