Sheffield United look to put a rough start to this season behind them as they take on Leeds United in a mouth-watering Yorkshire derby at Bramall Lane.
Chris Wilder’s Blades can avoid the relegation zone with at least a point, whereas Leeds look to extend their stay in the top ten to two consecutive weeks.
John Egan is suspended for Sheffield United after being sent off at Aston Villa on Monday evening for denying Ollie Watkins a goal scoring opportunity.
Lys Mousset (toe) and Simon Moore (finger) remain absent.
Leeds will be without Pablo Hernandez after the Spaniard suffered a groin strain in warmup for their 4-3 win over Fulham last weekend.
Adam Forshaw (hip) could return after October’s international break but Gaetano Berardi (knee) is still ruled out indefinitely.
- Sheffield United are unbeaten in two of four previous Premier League meetings against Leeds United (W1, D1, L2), with both teams scoring in all four such clashes.
- Leeds have won just one of their last nine trips to Bramall Lane in all competitions (W1, D2, L6).
- There hasn’t been any penalties or sending offs awarded in four previous Premier League meetings between these teams.
- No player in the opening two rounds has made more tackles than Leeds’ Stuart Dallas who has made 12 tackles.
- Sheffield Utd’s Aaron Ramsdale has made one high claim this season unlike Leeds’ Illan Meslier.
Sheffield United have been disappointing in their opening two league games because they just seem to lack the clinical sharpness going forward which they had last season, which is a worry against a strong Leeds team.
Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds however do still have defensive issues despite their superb attacking play with six goals conceded in their first two league matches, which will offer the Blades the hope of finding that first league goal of this campaign.
This therefore should be a competitive game between two teams who have clear defensive issues but if the Blades score first and then get stuck in, I can see them getting least a draw.
Prediction: Sheffield United 1-1 Leeds United
Result: Sheffield United 0-1 Leeds United