Lyon and Bayern Munich look to book their Champions League Final spot as they meet at Estadio Jose Alvalade, Lisbon.
Lyon are looking to reach their first in-season final of any UEFA competition, whereas Bayern are bidding to reach a 10th final in this premier UEFA competition, including when previously known as European Cup.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Lyon have a fully fit squad available for selection with no fresh injury concerns to report.
Bayern have no injury concerns as Benjamin Pavard looks set to feature from the bench, after resuming training earlier this week following an ankle injury.
- Lyon lost their only previous Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich which came in 2009-10 season, losing 4-0 on aggregate across two legs.
- Bayern have progressed from 10 of 19 previous semi-final appearances in this competition, including when formerly known as European Cup pre 1992.
- Lyon are unbeaten in four of eight previous Champions League meetings against Bayern (W2, D2, L4).
- Five more goals would see Bayern’s Robert Lewandowski become the third highest Champions League all-time goalscorer, behind Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Lyon have scored first in five of their nine Champions League matches this season, going on to win four of those games (W4, L1).
Lyon were absolutely clinical against an uncharacteristically woeful Manchester City on Saturday, who seemed to play unnecessary high defensive lines which is something which Bayern most definitely won’t be doing.
Speaking of Bayern, they were absolutely amazing in their Quarter-Final demolition of Barcelona and if they turn out the same performance here then I can just see one result come full-time.
Teams however can suffer an instant comedown off the back of such epic results if aren’t careful, but I do expect Bayern to maintain their momentum against a pressing team like Lyon and advance to the final where PSG awaits.
Prediction: Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich
Result: Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich