Barcelona meet Bayern Munich at the Estadio da Luz, Lisbon in a heavyweight Champions League Quarter-Final clash.
Both teams come into this match in the hunt for a sixth title and the winner will proceed to face either Manchester City or Lyon in the semi-finals.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Samuel Umtiti is ruled out for Barcelona after suffering a knee injury last month, consequently meaning that the French defender will remain in Catalonia to focus on his recovery programme.
Martin Braithwaite is ineligble for this competition but has travelled with the squad alongside Ousmane Dembele, who hasn’t played since November due to a hamstring injury.
Bayern will be without Benjamin Pavard and Joshua Zirkzee due to respective ankle and foot injuries.
Jerome Boateng (knee) and Kingsley Coman (muscle) meanwhile are doubts but will face late fitness tests.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in three of eight previous Champions League meetings against Bayern Munich (W2, D1, L5).
- Bayern have conceded just six goals in eight Champions League matches this season whilst scoring on 31 occasions.
- Luis Suarez has scored four goals in three of four Champions League games this season in which Barcelona were the home team.
- Robert Lewandowski has scored 13 goals in seven Champions League appearances this season for Bayern.
- Both teams have five Champions League titles apiece coming into this match.
After two dominant second leg performances against Napoli and Chelsea respectively, this definitely should be a tough clash between two favourites for the title.
Barcelona have been strong going forward throughout this competition but have unusually kept just two clean sheets, which will be a huge issue if Lewandowski starts for Bayern.
Bayern meanwhile are yet to lose a Champions League game this season but this is their toughest test yet, so mindset could be key because if they go in believing that this could be another easy performance then they will be in trouble against this Barcelona side.
Either way, I do expect goals but Bayern have looked the more dangerous this season so am backing them to edge this encounter.
Prediction: Barcelona 1-2 Bayern Munich (AET)
Result: Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich