2019-20 Premier League runners-up, Manchester City finish their season against already relegated Norwich City at Carrow Road.
Man City are assured of second place whilst Norwich City are down but can set the sixth lowest points tally in a single Premier League season if they fail to win here.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Man City have no fresh injury concerns as Claudio Bravo and Sergio Aguero remain absent with respective knee and muscle injuries.
Norwich will be without Emiliano Buendia and Josip Drmic after the pair were sent off in last weekend’s loss to Burnley.
Sam Byram, Grant Hanley, Timm Klose (all hamstring), Mortiz Leitner (hernia) and Alexander Tettey (knee) are all sidelined.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in five of their last six meetings against Norwich (W3, D2. L1).
- Norwich have won just one of their last eight trips to Man City (W1, D1, L6)
- Norwich are yet to receive a penalty against Man City in the Premier League following 17 previous meetings (W3, D6, L8).
- Man City are unbeaten in their last six final day matches (W5, D1).
- Norwich won the last final day meeting between these teams 3-2 in May 2013, which coincidentally took place at the Etihad Stadium
Neither team has anything left to play for other than pride and momentum plus an unwanted record in Norwich’s case, so I expect this to be an one-sided affair given the gulf in quality between these teams.
City have their Champions League clash against Real Madrid coming up in just under a fortnight time, which means that this game is their last chance to really prepare their tactics with another ruthless display.
In all honesty, I just can’t see Norwich getting anything out of this match at all but unless they perform like they did at Chelsea, this is going to be a brutal low to leave the top flight on.
Prediction: Manchester City 4-0 Norwich
Result: Manchester City 5-0 Norwich