Bournemouth face a mammoth task to secure survival in a great escape as they visit Everton at Goodison Park.
A win for Everton would see the Toffees finish in 11th place, whereas Bournemouth must win and hope that Watford plus Aston Villa both lose in order to mathematically survive.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Moise Kean could start for Everton if he passes a late fitness test on a knee injury.
Yerry Mina (quad), Mason Holgate (shin), Fabian Delph (muscle), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Achilles) and Cenk Tosun (knee) remain absent.
Bournemouth could welcome Adam Smith and Nathan Ake back from respective head and groin injuries.
Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis and Chris Mepham all remain sidelined with long-term knee injuries.
- Everton are unbeaten in three of their last five meetings against Bournemouth (W2, D1, L2).
- Bournemouth are winless in six trips to Goodison Park, despite scoring in four of those six meetings (L6).
- Two of Everton’s 12 Premier League home goals against Bournemouth have come from defenders – Leighton Baines in April 2016 and Kurt Zouma in January 2019.
- Everton are unbeaten in just two of their last five final day matches, with just one clean sheet across those five games (W1, D1, L3).
- Bournemouth have won just one of their four previous final Premier League day games (W1, D1, L2)
Everton will be glad to see the back of this season which has been full of inconsistency, although this is last chance saloon for various players to prove their worth to Carlo Ancelotti so I expect to see a fighting performance from the Toffees.
I however will be sad to see Bournemouth likely relegated because they often can play some entertaining football, but a catalogue of injuries this season coupled with various dodgy performances have left them in a perilous position.
This being the final day though with Everton having nothing to really play for, I do hope that Bournemouth can come out and play their best clinical football even if it’s eventually not enough and end their Goodison Park hoodoo.
Prediction: Everton 1-2 Bournemouth
Result: Everton 1-3 Bournemouth (Bournemouth are RELEGATED!!!)