Bournemouth look to mount a great escape as they welcome Southampton to the Vitaly Stadium.
A win will see Bournemouth move level on points with Watford although a two goal margin victory could lift them out of the relegation zone.
Southampton meanwhile will move into 11th position with at least a point.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Adam Smith could return for Bournemouth after missing their last two matches with a cheek injury.
Nathan Ake (groin), Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis and Chris Mepham (all knee) remain absent.
Southampton could have Nathan Tella available if he passes a late fitness test on an undisclosed injury.
Sofiane Boufal (thigh), Moussa Djenepo (calf) and Yan Valery (muscle) remain sidelined.
- Bournemouth are unbeaten in five of last six meetings against Southampton (W1, D4, L1).
- Southampton are unbeaten in four of last five trips to Bournemouth (W2, D2, L1), although both wins were by 3-1 results in March 2011 and December 2016.
- Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson has scored three goals in his last two appearances against Southampton, albeit with all three goals coming away at St Mary’s in 2019.
- Southampton’s James Ward Prowse has scored once in each of his last two appearances against Bournemouth, with both goals coming in the second half.
- Both teams have won one penalty each in nine previous Premier League meetings, with Southampton converting their penalty unlike Bournemouth.
Bournemouth simply have to win here if want to realistically keep their survival hopes alive heading into the final day, especially after three great performances in the past week and a half.
Southampton meanwhile have nothing to play for but given that the Cherries have been their closest rivals in recent seasons in terms of local derbies, pride most certainly will be at stake for the Saints on top of building momentum for next season.
This therefore is likely to be a right tussle because Southampton look solid all over with Danny Ings difficult to silence, yet Bournemouth have to be clinical and control this game if want to get that important win.
I therefore feel that a draw is likely but if Bournemouth play like they did in the second halves against Leicester and Manchester City, but across the entire match then this could be a huge win for them.
Prediction: Bournemouth 2-1 Southampton
Result: Bournemouth 0-2 Southampton