Relegation battling Aston Villa face a tough test as they welcome Manchester United to Villa Park.
A win for Villa could move them to within a point of safety whereas Man Utd could move to within a single point of Leicester who sit fourth.
Team NewsEmbed from Getty Images
Tyrone Mings is set to be available for Aston Villa despite taking a kick to his calf in a two goal defeat at Liverpool on Sunday.
Jack Grealish (calf) should also be available for selection but Bjorn Engels (Achilles), Matt Targett (hamstring), Tom Heaton and Wesley (both knee) remain absent.
Man Utd could be without Victor Lindelöf due to a back injury but the Swedish defender isn’t expected to miss remainder of this season.
Axel Tuanzebe and Phil Jones remain sidelined with unspecified injuries for remainder of season.
- Aston Villa are winless in their last 15 meetings against Manchester United across all competitions (D4, L11).
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their 21 trips to Villa Park this century in all competitions (W16, D5).
- United have scored once in three of their last five visits to Villa Park.
- Both of Tyrone Mings’ goals for Villa this season have come from his left foot.
- No Man Utd player has lost more aerial battles this season than Harry Maguire, who has lost 62 such battles in 33 appearances.
Villa produced a solid performance on Sunday against Liverpool but sadly lacked that clinical edge, which certainly would of given them confidence coming into this clash against a resurgent United team.
A draw therefore would be a good result but if Man Utd score first, I just can’t see Villa doing much to stop a thumping and particularly given their poor home record this century against the Red Devils.
Prediction: Aston Villa 0-3 Manchester United
Result: Aston Villa 0-3 Manchester United