West Ham United welcome Wolverhampton Wanderers to the London Stadium in a crunch clash at both ends of table.
If Brighton lose to Arsenal then West Ham can leapfrog the Seagulls into 16th position with a win, whilst Wolves could climb to fifth if Manchester United lose at Tottenham on Friday Night.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
West Ham have a full squad available for selection with exception of Angelo Ogbonna who is doubtful with a knee injury.
Wolves meanwhile have a full squad available with Adama Traore (shoulder) and Jonny (foot) both available for selection, having made full recoveries during lockdown.
- West Ham have lost their last three league games against Wolves without scoring once, having conceded six goals across those three games.
- Just one of Wolves’ last six league goals against West Ham have come in the first half – 23rd minute effort from Leandro Dendoncker in early December.
- This is West Ham’s longest losing streak against Wolves in all competitions.
- No West Ham player has produced more shots than Sebastien Haller this season, with the Frenchman creating 52 shots.
- No Wolves player has made more substitute appearances than Pedro Neto, who has come on as a sub on 14 occasions this season.
West Ham cannot any slip ups in their last nine games because one mistake could well send them down, whereas Wolves know that victory is going to be crucial if they are to keep pace with the top five battle.
I therefore am expecting a good battle here because both teams know how to deliver when going forward, although West Ham’s defence has often been their weak spot this season so hopefully that aspect has been worked on during lockdown.
Wolves however know about the intensity of packed schedules so would of probably treated lockdown as like an extended international break, so I am backing them to come out fighting and get a pivotal win for their top five challenge.
Prediction: West Ham United 1-2 Wolves
Result: West Ham United 0-2 Wolves