Following a scrappy opening away win over Gibraltar at the weekend, Republic of Ireland welcome Georgia to the Aviva Stadium.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Shane Duffy is a doubt for Republic of Ireland after picking up an ankle injury in Gibraltar.
Other than Duffy, Mick McCarthy has a full squad at his disposal.
Georgia’s team news is unclear at time of writing.
- Republic of Ireland are unbeaten in nine games against Georgia (W8, D1).
- ROI have won their last two home games against Georgia by a 1-0 result with both goals coming in second half.
- Saturday’s win over Gibraltar ended a four match goalless run for the Green Army.
- Ireland have had five different goalscorers in last three home games against Georgia with Robbie Keane the only player to manage more than one goal.
- Georgia have lost just one of their last seven competitive games, losing to Switzerland on Saturday.
Having scraped their way past Gibraltar, Ireland need to step up their game because under someone like Mick McCarthy, they should be playing better and comfortably dispatching a team like Gibraltar.
Georgia however will be a difficult side to improve against, as the Crusaders look to hit back after Saturday’s defeat ended a positive run of form.
I therefore can see a draw coming here despite Georgia’s pointless run in Dublin, unless the Green Army has something hidden away.
Prediction: Republic of Ireland 1-1 Georgia
Result: Republic of Ireland 1-0 Georgia