This weekend’s FA Cup Quarter Finals kicks off with an all Premier League clash as Watford meet Crystal Palace at Vicarage Road.
Team newsEmbed from Getty Images
Watford have no injury concerns after Miguel Britos recovered from a knock picked up at the weekend against Manchester City.
Crystal Palace have Wayne Hennessey available after overcoming a slight injury which kept him out of last weekend’s defeat against Brighton.
Pape Souare is also available after overcoming a lengthy shoulder injury but Bakary Sako misses out with a calf complaint.
Mamadou Sakho is also absent after needing knee surgery, which will keep him out until next season.
- Watford have lost just two FA Cup ties with Crystal Palace (W3, D2, L2).
- In four FA Cup clashes at Vicarage Road, the Hornets are yet to lose (W3, D1).
- Three of last four meetings overall have finished 2-1 to the winning side.
- Both sides have scored five goals in FA Cup this season with all ten combined goals coming from different goalscorers.
- Palace’s Roy Hodgson is yet to win a FA Cup Quarter-Final as a manager, losing on his two previous occasions with Fulham.
- Palace have finished runner-up in two of the last three seasons in which they advanced beyond this stage.
- Watford have got past this stage in their last three such appearances, going on to lose all three of their semi-finals.
With a spot in the last four at stake and similar FA Cup form this season, this has the hallmarks of a fierce battle.
Watford however demonstrated how much the competition means to them by resting key players last weekend at Man City, unlike Palace who need the points to secure league survival.
On that note, I am going for a home win here but will be tight with both sides scoring at least once.
Prediction: Watford 2-1 Crystal Palace
Result: Watford 2-1 Crystal Palace